Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Corsage Show n' Tell Day!


A couple of weeks ago Elizabeth proposed the idea of a show and tell day based on her corsage tutorial. I was all too excited to accept the challenge and try my hand at making one. So here it is, my corsage for show and tell. Being that I'm a metalsmith I had to include that element into my project. I work a lot with old street signs so that is what the heart in the center is cut from and the banner stamped AMOUR is cut from sterling silver.

I came across the hot pink and polka dot ribbon just this week on a trip to my favorite antique mall.

This summer I bought a bunch of these vintage pin backs, it worked perfectly for this.

Check out Elizabeth's blog and follow the links on her site to see all the other participant's corsages!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

I adore the way your worked your wonderful metal creations in with the ribbon and tulle! WOW!~~Thanks so much, for playing!~~~XXOO, Beth

Deb said...

Hi Andrea
This is an adorable corsage. I love the vintage pin back!
Deb

Georgia Peachez said...

Very Cool! I'm a sucker for pink and polkadots! xo, suzy

Celia said...

It's so heavy metal and sweet at the same time! Amazing! Really love it!!!!!!!

Kingfisher Farm said...

Adorable!! You have combined 2 of my favorite things, pink and birds. Pam

Jayme said...

What a great corsage! Very, very nice. I love it.