Monday, January 26, 2009
January Challenge part 2
I've been working and RE- working my art doll necklace. This is the first form that I started, I loved the way it looked at this point. But, then I started putting on the paperclay...
not so happy with the way it was going. I had the body covered then pulled it off and decided that wasn't going to work.
Now I have a new sketch and with only this week to finish it I hope everything goes much smoother. I've never used paperclay but have wanted to try it for awhile. A large part of this challenge for me is to try new materials and techniques that I might not normally give myself time to experiment with since I feel that when I'm in the studio I should only be making my Urban Jungle Jewelry line. The clay is kinda tricky to work with but I really liked how nicely it could be sanded and shaped after it was dry. I will definitely keep messing around with it. I came up with some more ideas for the dolls dress last night but think I'll have to save that for another time.
Did a little sunday antiquing and found some good stuff, including a couple of street signs. The sign with the arrow I am actually going to keep intact and use in my booth display. Thought it would be cool to have it underneath our logo pointing down to us in the booth.