Monday, November 5, 2012

Why do you make jewelry?

This is the theme for this month's Etsy Metal Blog Carnival. I know it will be fun to read all the other team mates responses to this question. Here's mine:

 I have always loved to make things for as long as I can remember. I'm sure I drove my mom crazy with the request to constantly craft. I remember having a big book as a kid full of projects that I could grab and pick a project. What really kick started the specific desire to create jewelry though was a trip to Albuquerque and Santa Fe when I was in junior high. Walking through galleries and seeing all the gorgeous art jewelry was what hooked me. I had fallen in love with some particular pieces that were layered wood and hand painted in all sorts of bright colors and patterns. Upon our return home I immediately started trying my hand at this type of jewelry. Not long after I was turned onto Fimo and did polymer clay jewelry for several years before taking some metals classes in college.

So, thirty years later I still love making jewelry and learning new techniques/materials. I've just set up an enamelling station in my studio and look forward to many fun years with this new medium.

Here is a list and links to some of my team mates who are participating in the blog carnival:



No comments: